Northeast Washington Interagency Communications Center
The Northeast Washington Interagency Communications Center (NEWICC) was established in 2008 to provide initial attack dispatching and logistical support for emergency management on lands administered by the Bureau of Land Management, Colville National Forest, US Fish and Wildlife, and Northeast Region Washington State Department of Natural Resources.
Operating as an all risk dispatch facility, NEWICC is the primary focus for reporting, tracking, and processing orders of aircraft, equipment, overhead, crews, and supplies assigned to incidents in or out of the Northeast Washington area.
To report wildfires on public and private lands within the NEWICC dispatch area, contact NEWICC at (509) 685-6900.
For current recorded fire regulations, precautions, Industrial Fire Precaution Level (IFPL), and closure information, 24 hours a day, contact 1-800-527-3305.
225 S. Silke Road
Colville, WA 99114-9369
NEWICC Quick Picks
- **NO OBSERVATIONS WILL BE MADE DURING THE 2013 - 2014 WINTER MONTHS. NEWICC WILL CONTINUE OBSERVATIONS WHEN 2014 FIRE SEASON BEGINS.**
- 2013 Colville National Forest Fire Management Plan (1000KB PDF)
- NEWICC Assignment Guide 2011 (1252KB PDF)
- Northeast Washington Dispatch Locations (1144KB PDF)
- Washington Department of Natural Resources (Web site)
- Colville National Forest (Web site)
- WildWEB Information (NEWICC Current Fire Information)
- NEWICC - Daily
Resource Status and Staffing and Aircraft Available
- NEWICC - Morning Fire Weather Forecast (Available after 5:45
- NEWICC - Afternoon Fire Weather Forecast (Available after
- NEWICC - Daily Remote Automated Weather Station (RAWS) Observations, Indices, & IFPL's
- NEWICC - RAWS Sites
- NEWICC - Sunrise and Set Table for Colville, Washington
Community Protection Wildfire Plans
Community wildfire protection plans are part of the fire prevention strategies for Washington's wild land urban interface communities, those located in or near the woods. Many communities have mitigation plans or CWPP that have already been completed.
- Ferry County (10700KB PDF)
- Ferry Appendix (6000KB PDF)
- Stevens County (16700KB PDF)
- Chewelah (6300KB PDF)
- Pend Oreille Counties (387KB PDF)
- Pend Oreille Appendix (7100KB PDF)
- Colville National Forest Aviation Hazard Map (4593KB PDF)
- Near Miss Form
- Fire Models Web site - Fire behavior and danger system
National Incident Information
- National Situation Report External Adobe PDF File
- Google Map of Open Incidents (click the link on left side of the web page: "Incident Map")
- Resource Ordering System Status (ROSS) Self Status Web site
- Local Weather Cameras WSDOT
- Wildfire Lessons Learned Web Site
- 6 Minutes for Safety
- 10 Standard Fire fighting Orders
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Eastern Washington Interagency Training Schedule Training Link
- High Reliability Organization (HRO)
- Fire Danger Rating Definitions
- USDA Forest Service National Fire Code Override
Current Northwest Fire Situation - Daily Updates
- Large Fire Information Summary - Detailed description including resources assigned, current conditions, etc.
- Large Fire Map - Displays active large fire incidents within Oregon and Washington.
- Morning Briefing - Updated each morning with latest fire activity and fire weather alerts.
- Daily Situation Report - Daily statistics of fire activity reported by agency and local dispatch offices in the region.
- 7-Day Significant Fire Potential - Large fire potential and weather synopsis for the next seven days within the Northwest.
Other Fire News
- InciWeb - A new national incident information system that delivers fire news from specific incidents throughout the entire country.
- National Fire Report - National Interagency Fire Center’s daily news update.
- State of Oregon - Daily Fire Update from the Oregon Department of Forestry.
- State of Washington - Fire news from the Washington State Department of Natural Resources
Fire Season Outlooks